Jozef Frucek is together with Linda Kapetanea co-founder of Fighting Monkey (FM). They founded Fighting Monkey as a response to the burning need to develop as humans through a practice that would nourish their passion and love for life.
FM is an innovative movement practice with broad applications in various fields such as sports, martial arts, rehabilitation, arts or communication - just to name some. But it is much more. FM creates “Movement Situations” that help you transform training into an activity that positively affects your daily life.
Together with Linda, Jozef travels around the world to schools, universities and international stages, to give seminars, workshops, lectures and performances in a journey of never ending creativity and research.
This is a conversation for everyone who is willing to question his life. For everyone who has the courage the challenge himself, mentally as physically. Everyone who is ready to explore and passing beyond his habits he created by himself or through society. It is for everyone who wants to be excited about life in all its layers again.
When you are ready for this enlightening conversation, then join Jozef and me discuss:
- His impression of Switzerland. (1:40)
- Why he did start Fighting Monkey (FM) in the first place and where the name is coming from. (2:12)
- The philosophy of FM and how it is interconnected to being a child. (4:09)
- What we can learn from children. (5:57)
- Why in the moment we think we know, we lose so much. (7:57)
- How FM approaches the loss of interest. (9:24)
- Jozef's opinion on oversimplification. (12:48)
- Jozef's description of FM to someone who hasn't heard of it before. (14:14)
- His opinion on classical education. (17:07)
- What is the difference between a flower and a tree? (19:07)
- What happens in your brain when you are walking through a forest. (23:53)
- Why the city is like an ants nest where you can learn a lot. (25:43)
- The reason why Jozef is thankful he had back problems when he was young. (28:35)
- What an alien and the spine have in common. (31:13)
- Jozef's opinion of exercising. (33:45)
- In which way energy influences our behaviour. (37.01)
- Rats vs. mice - from which one do you learn more? (42:30)
- The importance of strong hands and feet. (46:58)
- Why in modern civilization often the monkey wins the game. (48:47)
- How you can become immortal. (50:47)